Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thoughts for a Sunny Day

Y'know those days when you wake up and the birds are singing and it's sunny, but you can't figure out how you overslept until 9:00 because the alarm never went off and it turns out you set it for 6:45 PM? I'm having one of those.



There is no act of love greater than cleaning the litterbox.


I've spoken to Joe every night this week, and it sounds like he is having a life-changing experience down in New Orleans. He had planned on trying to do some audio blogging, but the impression I get is that he's been too busy living to deal with talking about it yet (that and the fact that he's been sore enough that I think lifting the phone is a challenge). I wish I were there with him, but we've talked about getting involved with Habitat when he gets back.


The reason that the people on television have such cool and interesting lives is that they aren't spending it watching television.


I have embarked on a week of meetings. Meeting one, with my current advisor, went well. Paper topic approved - now I just need to find enough material. Today's is with the woman who may end up being my dissertation advisor, on how the heck you manage to do ethnomusicological work relating to dead composers and their work, and to suggest a possible dissertation idea. Monday I meet with my likely Masters thesis advisor to discuss Marriage of Figaro. Tuesday, I meet with the subject of my ethnography project, and I can only hope that by then I will know what to say to her.


The cats know that Joe is gone, and are freaking out at the possibility that he might never return. I have tried explaining to them, but they don't listen. Tuna seems to make them miss him less.


It may be time to move this blog elsewhere (to the same site tommyspoon mentioned). Yes, it would be my second move in a year, but WordPress has one key feature that I have been wishing for in Blogger for ages now - categorization - and the added bonus that I am friends with the guy who runs the server, and therefore get a bit more control over my own stuff. More news on this as it develops.


Have a good end-of-week, all, and if you're in the midwest as I am, enjoy the relatively mild weather while it lasts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home