Friday, March 24, 2006

Big Puffy Flakes

It's nearing the end of spring break (confidential to Kenyon students: you don't know how good you have it with a two-week break, but you will), and the gardening projects are falling through. I had planned on getting some garden clearing done. I actually did pretty well on getting the fallen leaves and clutter, not to mention some weeds and ersatz landscape fabric (trash bags) out of half of one bed, but Joe and I cut it short so we could meet some folks for a movie. V for Vendetta - really quite good, although there are some draggy bits in the middle.

Anyhow, I figured I'd get back to it later in the week. The other plan was to set up at least one of the new raised beds going in front of the house, to replace the crumbled brick planters. I knew I'd be on campus through yesterday, catching up on RIdIM work, but that still would leave a nice 3-day weekend for gardening.

It is snowing like crazy. Big puffy flakes. No gardening for me today.

The operating theory around here is that the last snow of the year cannot happen after tax day. Given that it's now March 24, and we keep shifting back and forth between spring and midwinter weather, we may challenge that date this year.

garden progress: new beds planned out on paper, trip to Lowe's this weekend for supplies
house progress: since gardening is out of the question, it looks like I'll be cleaning my office
what's for dinner? Alton Brown's version of pad thai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home