Thursday, June 08, 2006

Generalissimo Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Is Still Dead

I can only dream that sometime later today I will hear those words actually spoken by Corey Flintoff...

In other news, I'm into the home stretch. The online class is done for the quarter, and went very well. The presentation for that class was some of the best work I have done yet, which is always exciting. I haven't read comments on the final paper yet, but I am hoping it can be massaged into something worth submitting for publication.

The Russian Opera presentation went off surprisingly well yesterday (thanks in part to an epiphany during my morning shower). It turns out that almost nobody has written a damn thing about Rimsky-Korsakov's Mozart and Salieri, including Rimsky himself. What to do when there is no way to prove or disprove anything? Post-modernism, baby.

Anyhow, all that remains is the Russian Opera paper (due tomorrow afternoon, but I want to try to get it submitted tonight) and figuring out what to tell my advisor tomorrow during our "how goes the thesis" meeting tomorrow afternoon.


garden progress: Finally mowed the front yard the other day, much to neighbor Jim's relief.
house progress: *snicker*
what's for dinner? In my only escape from the house today, we're going to Fiesta Mexicana for a friend's birthday. Sadly, no margaritas for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home