Thursday, July 20, 2006

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Been a long time, and the summer is flying by. What have I been doing with my time? Well you may ask. Since classes ended in mid-June, we have:

  • Gone to the beach
  • Gone to a wedding
  • Celebrated my 37th birthday, July 4, and our 6th wedding anniversary
  • Hosted my mother for a week
What time has not been spent in these endeavors I've been using to battle groundhogs, mow, clean, and read about opera buffe, Mozart, and 18th-century Vienna. I've also been rethinking this blog (as you do), trying to figure out if I need to give myself a more specific focus in order to keep it going amid everything else. Alternately, I'm contemplating moving myself over to a platform that supports categorization better.

Oh yeah - I've also been working on my photo gallery. If any of you have troubles with it owing to screen resolution or some such, please let me know.

My favorite photo is the truck.

garden progress: The new birdhouse is up, and someone has moved in. I seem to be winning my battle against whoever was digging up the plants on the porch, and the hanging baskets are flourishing.
house progress: The back room is vastly improved, in preparation for our impending houseguests.
what's for dinner? Leftover chicken, and salad, as part of our ongoing effort to get rid of some of our CSA lettuce.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home